GFS Food Services provides food grade multi-modal transportation at all temps to all markets both domestic and international with customer service that goes above and beyond.
Food Grade Trucking Services
GFS Food Services offers the best of both worlds with a blend of Southern California asset-based service and DOT-licensed transportation brokerage services to provide our customers with a seamless solution for domestic trucking services.
- Dry LTL (Less than Truck Load Freight) Trucking
- Chilled LTL (Less than Truck Load Freight) Trucking
- Frozen LTL (Less than Truck Load Freight) Trucking
- Dry FTL or TL (Full Truck Load) Trucking
- Chilled FTL or TL (Full Truckload) Trucking
- Frozen FTL or TL ((Full Truck Load) Trucking)
Air Cargo Services
GFS is an Indirect Air Carrier (IAC) able to move your products from airport to airport or door to door by air freight. Air Cargo service features:
- On-site Air Cargo Screening Facilities
- On-site dry ice production and gel pack inventory
- Close proximity to Los Angeles (LAX) and Long Beach (LGB) Airports for cost-efficient air cargo transfers
Ocean Freight Service (Including Ocean Freight to Hawaii)
GFS Food Services can coordinate your next ocean shipment, including LCL (Less than Container Load) and FCL (Full Container Load) service to international destinations and Hawaii.
Related services include:
- OTR transportation to get you close to the Port of Los Angeles
- Transload services (including temp control service) at our Carson, California warehouse
- Food Export rework / labeling services
- Food grade consolidations
- Drayage service to the Port of Long Beach / Los Angeles (port trucking)
Regional Southern California Delivery & Distribution (All Temp Service)
The GFS fleet features a variety of vehicle types and schedules to suit our various customers’ requirements for Southern California regional distribution out of our SQF Level 2 Warehouse in Carson, California.
Sprinter Van Service – GFS maintains a fleet of Mercedes-Benz sprinter vans including dry, refrigerated (reefer) and dual-temp distribution configurations.
Box Truck Service – The GFS fleet of multi-temp box trucks ranges from 19-feet up to 26 feet with service available 24-7 for routed distribution programs.
Tractor Trailer Distribution Service – GFS runs a variety of trailer configurations including reefer options with liftgate.
GFS specializes in regular routed service and welcomes the opportunity to service a variety of distribution types including:
Non-conventional Café Distribution – Full service supply chain management and final mile key drop delivery. GFS can handle Purchase Orders (inbound), process outbound orders and deliver to your stores from Santa Barbara south to San Diego.
Turnkey Warehousing, Fulfillment & Distribution – GFS Food Services combines warehousing, order fulfillment and final mile delivery (distribution) across Southern California, including POD and keydrop (dark drop) service options.
Line Haul + Final Mile Distribution Combo – For rapidly scaling customers, GFS also runs line haul / final mile combo service to the Pacific Northwest, Texas, Arizona, Las Vegas and Northern California markets.
Rail Service (Multi-Modal)
GFS Food Services can provide rail transportation, complete with OTR to the rail yards, out of most major markets. Rail offers a cost-effective option for domestic transportation. Rail is ideal for heavier loads with flexible deadlines.
Contact us to learn more about efficient ways to move your goods about the country or the planet.